Friday, November 29, 2013

Sunny Thanksgiving In Phoenix

For the Turkey, I did a Dry Brine overnight from the Bon Appetit November 2013 Magazine that had black, pink, and white peppercorns, coriander seeds, bay leaves, salt, sugar, lemon and orange zest.
 For the turkey legs and thigh I used the Braised Turkey Legs recipe from the November 2013 Bon Appetit Magazine as well.  I used a turkey stock, that I had previously made, to braise the turkey in.
With the homemade turkey stock and braising juices, I made the Hard-Cider Gravy taken from November 2013 Bon Appetit Magazine.  It was delicious!
I used Bobby Flay's Wild Mushroom-Bacon Sourdough Dressing from November 2013 Food Magazine.  I had made my sourdough bread to use in this dish.
From the same Food Network Magazine, I made the Cranberry-Orange Sauce.
Here are some more side dishes-
Brussels Sprout Gratin and Braised Collards From Food Network Magazine Nov. 2013 Booklet "50 Vegetable Sides"

I roasted Sweet Potatoes with some olive oil and butter and tossed it with Pomegranate Seeds and Honey.
Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes from November 2013 Bon Appetit Magazine
Gratefruit-Poppy Seed Salad from November 2013 Food Network Magazine
Pumpkin Cheddar Muffins from http://katieatthekitchendoor.com/2012/09/20/pumpkin-cheddar-muffins/
Now for Dessert-
Both of these recipes are from the Cooking Light November 2012 Magazine,
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream and Honey-Pecan Tart With Bittersweet Chocolate.
I made the tart with a graham cracker crust instead of the traditional crust and used a pie not tart pan.

And I believe that was it, it was delicious!








No comments:

Post a Comment