Friday, November 29, 2013

Cornerstone Thanksgiving 2013

My partner in crime was in Arizona this Thanksgiving, so we kept our meal somewhat simple, and all of the cooking was done by myself, Lauren, and Brandon.  I didn't take any pictures, but here's what we made:

Brunch

-Pumpkin New-York Style Crumb Cake from An Edible Mosaic that I made using pumpkin puree from Cornerstone's garden and Cornerstone's raw butter.  The crumb topping was so good, and there was as much of it as there was the pumpkin cake underneath!  It would have been good with more cake, but it was delicious the way it was as well.
-Baked Bacon from Farmstead Meatsmith
-Fried Eggs

Dinner

-Barbecued Turkey made (and slaughtered/butchered) by Brandon
-Lacto-Fermented Cranberry Chutney that I made using a recipe from Real Food In Little Rock.  I wasn't too impressed, but maybe I was expecting something different than what you get when you lacto-ferment raw fruit.
-Mashed Purple Potatoes made by me from Cornerstone's garden with our own cultured raw butter, fromage blanc, and buttermilk
-Gravy made by Brandon with the turkey giblets and cranberry wine
-Lauren's Famous Stuffing, this time made with Cornerstone's grass-fed ground beef
-Brussels Sprouts that Brandon sauteed with bacon, onions, and garlic
-Winter Squash Gratin that I made with Cornerstone delicata squash and another type of squash that Lauren brought, as well as Cornerstone's cheese and cream.  I used the recipe from the October 2013 Food Network Magazine as a guide.
-Pumpkin Spoon Bread from Bon Appetit, which I made with Cornerstone's pumpkin, milk, butter, and thyme

Dessert

-Caramel Pear Pie with Oat Crumble made by Lauren with a recipe from A Cozy Kitchen
-Pumpkin Pie that I made with a recipe from PCC
-Raw Whipped Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment